Thursday, October 10, 2013



Evan Johnson
Mrs. Wilhelmus
AP English Language
1 August 2013
Garden of Eden
            Who are you? Where does the world come from? Although these are just two questions, it can stump almost everyone who tries to answer them. It may even be impossible for some as they are ever changing and do not really know themselves. I usually prefer to not think about who I am as I truly do not know quite yet. I figure I still have a lot of growing up to do and more experiences to go through before I can accurately depict who I am. As for where the world comes from, there are multiple explanations. Some would go the religious route and some would go the scientific. This question brings with it a lot of controversy.
            Now on to about whom I am. I would start off saying that I am just a seventeen year old guy. I am highly introverted which is something I’m not proud of. I like to think of myself as being a good person or I at least aspire to be one. I like to think that I am somewhat educated in both school courses and about the world and what occurs in general. I believe that what I want to be goes along with who I am. I want to be one who is respected and does good for others. I am one who is tolerant of others ideas and beliefs. I want to have a job that makes a difference in the world for the better. I aspire to be something great that will be remembered. Having said this, I fear not achieving my goals and becoming something that is useless and worthless. These are just some of the things that I would say about myself.
            Where does the world come from? This question has haunted me for many years. The reason is this question can go hand in hand with religion and beliefs. This is a hard question for me since I have been trying to think of the answer for this question for so long. When I was younger I would have said without a doubt that it was God’s doing. But, as I have grown and seen new evidence, I have begun to change my mind. I now lean towards the idea that the world was created because of something known as the Big Bang. I know many people will disagree with this idea and that’s alright. I am not asking people to believe what I do as they have free will and can decide for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment